Responding to our Ministerial priorities
Over the last year, we supported a number of Ministerial priorities in the Internal Affairs portfolio relating to stronger and more resilient communities which included:
- Reform of the gambling sector by jointly supporting the Ministry of Health’s ‘Strategy to prevent and Minimise Harm 2019/2020 to 2012/22’; and bringing in the new Gambling (Problem Gambling Levy) Regulations on 1 July 2019
- Reform of media content regulation by consulting on ways to regulate or classify Commercial Video on-Demand (CVoD) content
- Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism expansion to include accountants, lawyers and real estate agents
- Ongoing support of Government Inquiries and Royal Commissions, including the establishment of the Royal Commission of Inquiry into the Attack on the Christchurch Mosques on 15 March 2019
- Realising the benefits of the Fire Service Reforms
Our Ministerial priorities in other portfolio areas - Local Government, Government Digital Services, Ethnic Communities, Racing; and Community and Voluntary Sector - are covered throughout the body of the report.